Diploma in Early Childhood Education
The Diploma Programme is aimed at preparing learners to meet the demands and challenges of the teaching profession at nursery and pre-school levels for both public and private centres. It is structured to improve and enhance learners’ pedagogical abilities and teaching skills besides providing the necessary subject; knowledge base, curriculum, pedagogical, and management.
The programme will enable graduates to acquire competencies in identifying the teaching and learning approaches for young children, and to be reflectively and professionally engaged in teaching-learning processes and experiences, curriculum planning, aspects of management, and development of the profession.
As graduates, you may look forward to a fulfiling career in the following early childhood-related fields:
- Ownership or management of a childcare or nursery
- Educational product research and development
- Pre-school management consultancy
- Employment within international schools
- SPM / O-Levels / SM2; or
- Malaysian Independent Chinese Secondary School UEC Certificate; or
- Equivalent qualification (3 credits)